At Signatora, we collect, use and store your personal data so that we can offer you the products and services you expect from us. We will always give your clear information about what we do with your personal data and ensure that you have control over it.
We collect your personal data to process any orders you make and to deliver those orders to you:
- That you can control the personal data you provide to us and that we will always give you clear information about how we collect and use it
- We will always use technology and processes that ensure that your personal data is secure. When we ask another organisation to provide services to us which involve sharing your personal data with them, for example our warehouse, we will always make sure they have appropriate security measures
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Signature Plus Ltd (“Signatora”) is a private company registered in England with company number 12102165.
If you have any questions about how we look after your personal data, you can contact us:
- In writing, at the address above. Please mark your letter for the attention of the Data Controller
- By email to this address: email@example.com
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your personal data in three main ways:
- When you give it to us directly When you visit our website, communicate with us or purchase our products or services, you give us certain information. For example, you tell us your name and address, email address and telephone number when placing an order or entering a competition
- When our systems collect information or personal data as you use our website Whenever you use our website, information gets recorded automatically by the IT systems used to operate that website. The most common type of information collected is in the form of cookies (small text files sent by your computer each time you visit our website) but can also include personal data transferred by the electronic device you use to access our website and its settings
- When publicly or commercially available data is used to update our records, for example by correcting any address errors by using a postcode checking service.
WHAT CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, date of birth and contact details. This can include your postal, billing and delivery addresses (which would include the addresses of any family or friends you choose to send books to); your telephone number and your email address
- Purchases and orders made by you, including method of payment. We do not retain any credit card information
- When you set up an account with us, your password (which we encrypt) and wish list selections
- Your book preferences, ratings and reviews
- Your marketing preferences
- Your on-line browsing history on our website
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use your personal data:
- To send you the books and other products and services you purchase from Signatora
- To improve the range of books and offers we provide
- To present you with personalised offers on our website, through social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram and by placing banner advertisements on third party websites
- To personalise the offers you receive from us – books which may be of interest, unique events, and special offers and promotions. To do this we look at your previous purchases plus any preferences you may have indicated to build a profile of what you are most likely to want to buy. This is known as ‘profiling’.
- To allow you to post links to our products on social media
To provide you with the opportunity to review our products and services
- To provide you with the opportunity to review our products and services
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activities (and to assist regulators, trade bodies and law enforcement agencies in relation to the same)
- To carry out research to better understand your views on our products and services
- To help us find other customers who may also be interested in Signatora’s beautiful books.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes described in this policy. At the end of the retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
As a guide:
- we will keep personal data while your online account is active
- we will keep personal and sales data while there is still a reasonable expectation that you will respond to our sales and marketing communications but never longer than ten years after your last communication with us
- we may keep certain categories of personal data after your account is closed in order to meet any legal or regulatory requirements, or to resolve a legal dispute. For example, we may need to keep certain personal data relating to your purchases in order to comply with authorities’ sales tax or VAT reporting requirements
You have a number of rights under data protection laws. These are summarised below.
- the right of access – You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can do this by writing to us at our address. To process your request, we will ask you to provide us with proof of identity so that we can be sure we are releasing your personal data to the right person. We will process your request within one month or, if the request is particularly complex, three months. We can provide you with a copy of your personal data in electronic format or hard copy. If you would like additional copies, we will charge a fee to cover the administrative cost. If we consider the frequency of your requests is unreasonable or the request is unfounded, we may refuse to comply with your request. Alternatively, we can provide the information but will charge a fee to cover the administrative cost.
- the right to erasure – You can ask us to delete your personal data. However, in some circumstances we can refuse to erase personal data which we need to keep (i) to comply with a legal obligation (for instance, in the UK we are required by HMRC to keep certain personal data for up to 6 years for VAT reporting purposes); and (ii) in relation to the exercise or defence of any legal claims. When you ask us to delete your personal data, we assume that you do not want to hear from us again. To ensure that we do not send you any special offers in the future, we will retain just enough of your personal data solely for suppression purposes. Other than as described above, we will always comply with your request and do so promptly. We would also notify any third parties with whom we have shared your personal data about your request so that they also comply.